Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday: Trash Reduction Contest

Our first unannounced weighing (Tuesday, April 10th):

Kindergarten:    28.00 lbs
1st grade:          33.60 lbs
2nd grade:         30.16 lbs
3rd grade:          27.47 lbs
4th grade:          24.52 lbs
5th grade:          22.78 lbs

The grade that will reduce their trash the most on Friday 
will receive extra recess!!!

How to reduce trash?
* Eat your food!!!
* compost all leftover fruit and veggies
* recycle all milk bottles
* bring in reusable lunch containers, Laptop Lunchboxes are great!!!
   ...order with BCE and you'll get free shipping and 15% discount on products!

Who won the trash reduction contest?

2nd grade!
2nd grade reduced trash by 25%!!! That was a total of 8 pounds less trash!!!
3rd grade reduced trash by 5 1/2 pounds and 1st grade reduced trash by 5 pounds!
Way to go BCE students!

****
What could possibly be better?
The students are actually keeping up their good RRR behavior.
On Friday in the cafeteria, I did not find a single milk bottle going into trash from 2nd grade. I had a student come to me asking me if he could recycle the 3 empty milk bottles I was holding in my hands. I was very impressed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment